The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Not Feeling Insightful

I haven't been feeling insightful lately. In fact I've been feeling rather reclusive. I don't know why this is. Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe I'm depressed and that makes me more depressed because this is my favorite time of year. I love cool Autumn days and nights full of cleansing rain. I love sitting and listening to the wind playing with my wind chimes, the hollow wooden tubes banging against one another in a low melody. I love curling up with a good book, a blanket, and a cup of tea and wasting away an afternoon. I love to watch the browns and beiges of summer turn to red and yellow and orange. I love the quiet winding down of the year before the cold, dismal winter. Yet, I feel like it's winter already.

No comments: