The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Chemo is Over...for Now

Last Friday I got the results of my latest CT Scan. Pictures looked good...that's about 6 months of good pictures. Then I had another discussion with Dr. Lee about stopping chemo, and this time I decided to stop. I have two full months off. Two months to enjoy life again....but....in two months the cancer could come back, so I'm not jumping up and down for joy over this. I'm actually more scared now then I ever was about chemo. And sadly, changes that happened gradually also improve gradually. In two months I won't have enough hair to really do anything with besides wear a hat. In two months my weight will only begin to return to normal. In two months I probably won't have new nails or no chemo brain or no menopausal symptoms. Life will be almost as it has been for the last 2 years...only I won't get really sick every month. Oh, and I have to have a Herceptin treatment every 3 weeks as a maintenance therapy, so I'll keep my port for now.

No comments: