The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sick and Pissed Off

I'm beginning my rare three weeks of freedom from treatment with a cold. Given my weak immune system I figure this will take me at least two weeks to kick. So that leaves me with one week to enjoy, and that isn't any different then what I usually have so I'm more than a little depressed about it. I'm also depressed because it seems someone has lost all of the really great photos of my mom. We pinned them to poster board to display at her wake and ever since they've been missing. I had hope that my dad had them stashed somewhere, but a search of the boxes of photos he had in storage turned up no results. My last and final hope is that they're with her ashes, which are also in storage (it's a long story) but I didn't think to look there at the time. Still, it's a long shot and in all probability the pictures are lost forever.

No comments: