The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Last Treatment

I had my last infusion of Herceptin today. Well not really, I'll be back on the stuff at regular 3 weeks intervals for the rest of my life, but this was the last one with Anya inside. I hated it as I have every time. Knowing that she was getting some of it too and it would make the fluid go down. I'm not taking any chances this time. Resting, drinking and eating will be my only tasks for the next few weeks. And it will be just a few more weeks. 36 or 37 weeks would be the miracle goal, but really I could be induced next week if the fluid drops that quickly. More likely they'll put me back in the hospital as soon as the fluid drops and keep me there until it's time. I can't believe I'm about to be a mom. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

I'm also exhausted. Haven't been this tired in a long time. Herceptin always makes me tired for a day but today I feel like my strength has been sapped. Iron counts or something. Or maybe it's just a pregnancy thing.

1 comment:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

It's a rare woman who isn't tired after 8 months of pregnancy. I can't imagine how tired you must be with the chemo on top of it. I hope you will have plenty of help as having a little one around also contributes to fatigue. Yep they are a joy but they can exhaust anyone. But you are almost there...