The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back In the Chair

Had treatment today. Blah. So hard to sit there knowing the amniotic fluid could drop again and hurt Anya. Still after 2 weeks off Herceptin, the fluid went up to 9! It is hard to believe that I was hospitalized a few weeks ago because it was only 4. Hopefully this big cushion will last or at least keep the number in the "low but safe" range. If not, well, I'll just skip a few more Herceptin treatments. I'm at 28 weeks now. Third trimester. Home stretch. I'm excited to see her, but I don't want her to come too soon. I keep telling her to stay where she is for a few more months, but I doubt that will happen. On top of low fluid she's falling behind in growth. That could mean she's just small (I'm only 5ft tall, husband only 5'10 so not expecting a giant) or it could mean some growth restriction. Nothing is ever easy in my world! Despite that, my top complaint this week was how itchy and irritating my stretch marks are. My doc laughed and congratulated me for having a "normal" pregnancy complaint.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hang in there we are all cheering for you!

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Grow Anya grow!!!
Little girls are tougher than little boys as I found out recently in the Level 2 nursery where my grandson was kept. I will be sending good wishes your way while Anya develops in the next 8 weeks. My grandson's large size made everyone think he was older than he really was, which turns out to have been around 34 weeks gestation.
Keeping you and Anya in my thoughts,
Sue