The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Monday, March 22, 2010

Time goes by...

As usual, life gets a little busy and I disappear from cyberspace. Anya is growing well, developing well, and a little bit of a tyrant. Oh joy! Little bit of a scare when bone scan/MRI showed mysterious spots on my tailbone. Decided to wait 2 months for another scan to show just what the spots were doing. My other option was an immediate biopsy, and that seemed a bit overkill. It was terrible to wait, wondering if I was going to have to try a new chemo and therapy regimen while trying to take care of an infant. Finally I got my second scans and the spots vanished. Docs figure it might be pregnancy/delivery related. Now it is just another thing to keep an eye on as the year rolls onward. I have treatment in a few days. I actually look forward to them because Anya spends the day with her Aunt or her grandparents and I get a break. I don't even mind that for most of that break I'm too tired to do anything but sleep.

2 comments:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I am so glad you posted Kim and I see that Anya is growing well. Also glad that the mystery spots disappeared too. I assume herceptin is keeping the evil at bay.
It seems I will have a baby to take care of too in 3 months or so as my teenager became pregnant. She is very happy but has no idea what she got herself into.I am trying to prepare her as much as possible.

Daria said...

You are a star ... how can be taking care of an infant and dealing with cancer? I know you're not the only one doing so but ... I just think that is amazing.

I can barely take care of myself ... always thinking of the cancer.

All the best to you and little Anya.