The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Friday, September 11, 2009

Hospital Again

I got admitted to the hospital on Wednesday because Anya's fluid was low again. Same plan as last time: fluids, rest, monitor baby. Only this time the fluid didn't come back up right away, so I'm not allowed to go home. Well technically I can go home but it would be against advisement. I certainly want to do everything within my power to get the fluid up and keep Anya safe. Unfortunately there isn't a lot I can do but wait and hope. We'll be taking it a few days at a time. The next sonogram will be Sun and if the fluid's up I'll go home. If it remains the same I'll stay longer. If it goes down...well I don't want to think about that until the time comes. Other than the fluid and small size, Anya seems perfectly happy in her cramped little world. Her heart, lungs, brain, placenta and cord all seem to be working well. A little relief on top of all the worry.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

You just take it easy and I am sure all will be good by Sunday and the two of you can go home. I am cheering for you!

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I'll be thinking of you and Anya. It is good to hear that she is still doing fine.