The Litany Against Fear

I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. (Frank Herbert)

Sunday, November 8, 2009

She's Home!

Anya came home on Saturday, November 7th. It was such a relief to finally get out of the damn hospital. Two solid weeks was almost more than I could handle. Thankfully one of the social workers was also a cancer survivor and understood I was a little more fragile than many of the other mothers around me. There were a few days I could not stop crying and for no apparent reason.

Anyway, we're home now and trying to get into the swing of things. We had gotten so accustomed to the hospital, where everything was in its place and there was a sink and a fridge in the room, and a nurse came in every three hours to remind us to feed Anya. Having to do it all ourselves was a bit of a disaster the first night but we made it through.

Tomorrow will be her first visit to her regular pediatrician and not the hospital pediatrician. I'm sure I'll have nightmares tonight about them sending her back to the hospital for a few more weeks.

As I should be sleeping now I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I'm glad she's home!
And crying for no reason especially when you are separated from your precious one, perfectly normal. Any new mom would be crying too. My grandson was released about a week after his mom. Going back and forth to the hospital was getting real old. Hoping for a good check-up for anya today!

TNBCAmazon said...

Congratulations on bringing home Anya! That is wonderful news...

I am sure it is overwhelming at first to have her home, but you must feel overjoyed at the same time. You'll get into a routine soon enough.

Once things have settled down a bit, can you perhaps post some more pictures of your precious one?

Anyway, it's great to hear that Anya is finally home. I hope that the pediatrician visit goes well and that you will have nothing but good news!

Leah Lawson said...

I found your blog from Renee's and have been following it since I found it. I have to tell you, you are an amazing woman. Your story is one of the most touching that I have come across. You are truly an inspiration and I am so happy for your family. What a well deserved miracle for all of you. Anya is already so incredibly special, just like her momma! Love, Leah